Unjustified eviction

Mamakiser

Jurisdiction
Ohio
My friend Joe and his girlfriend live together in a house her mother bought for them and they are on a land contract agreement and the property will be there.once played in full.
Here.is the catch, the land contract agreement is in Joe's(tentent) name and the mother (landlord).
The girlfriend has be caught cheating and bringing men into the home and is trying to get her mom to kick Joe out so she can have the house, Everything is in.Joe's name, house lease utilities everything, she doesn't even stay there anymore, she stays with the random men and her mother but still can come and go as she please because he fears losing everything and getting kicked out. How is this possible, can her.mom.kick him out for her daughter just to make his life more.miserable. what can he do, can he evict her... please help

No, the mother can't just come and go as she pleases and she can't just kick him out. He's got a contract (a written one I hope) and, as long as he's paying on time, she'll be in breach if she tries it.

By the way, Joe's girlfriend was Joe's TENANT and, as such, he could have kicked her out at any time with proper notice, typically a month, but since she has abandoned her tenancy he's free to change the locks and not let her or the mother back into the house.

I strongly suggest that Joe consult a real estate attorney and have his contract and his situation reviewed so he can learn how to stand up to the mother. A letter from the attorney to the mother is likely to put her in her place and get her off his back.

The sooner Joe resigns himself to getting a lawyer's help, the less he'll have to worry about.

PS: No need to post the same question twice. I deleted the other one as a duplicate. Please keep all your discussion on this topic to this thread.

A land contract is nothing more than a variation on a rental, aka, leasehold.

So what does that mean

It means many things.

Tell "Joe" to consider what happens if his former bedmate's mammy were to die?

Ask "Joe" how long it'll take him to become the home's lawful owner?

Has "Joe" done a title search, sufficient to reveal that his former bedmate's mammy is, indeed, the lawful property owner?

Back