unwanted roommate ignoring 3 day notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpab

My family rented out a room in the house to a person whom we thought would fit in. Instead we found nothing but problems the past 2 months.

The Person has stolen from us (caught on camera), doesn't clean up after himself, allowed others to live at the house and also had tried to take his own life in his room.

They signed a 30 day standard rental agreement, but for the safety of my family and other housemates, we decided to serve them a 3 day notice.

They violated at least 4 of the 5 reasons to serve a 3 day notice:
• Violated any provision of the lease or rental agreement. X
• Materially damaged the rental property ("committed waste"). X
• Substantially interfered with other tenants ("committed a nuisance"). X
• Used the rental property for an unlawful purpose. X

So the problem now is that he is still in our house past the 3 days we have given him. Am in the process of filing for an "Unlawful Detainer Lawsuit" which states that after 5 days the police can remove him.

Am I allowed to do the following now??

Change the Locks on the doors.

Move the rest of his property outside of the house.

Use his security deposit to finalize the rest of his house utility bills and to clean and sanitize the room.

At this point, my family is just scared to even come out of their rooms because of this one particular person.

So the problem now is that he is still in our house past the 3 days we have given him. Am in the process of filing for an "Unlawful Detainer Lawsuit" which states that after 5 days the police can remove him.
No you go through eviction process and the Marshall's will tell him when he is to leave before he is forced out. I can assure you its not 5 days

Am I allowed to do the following now??

Change the Locks on the doors.
No

Move the rest of his property outside of the house.
No

Use his security deposit to finalize the rest of his house utility bills and to clean and sanitize the room.
Not until after he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back