Vacate is contradicting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laker0834

In my lease, it says I need to give a 60 day written notice for vacate otherwise it will go to a month to month lease. However, at the end of my contract it says under the month-to-month charge that I need to provide a 30 day notice to vacate.

Which one do I go by?

That would depend on whether you are still under the yearly contract or you've lived there long enough that it's switched to a month by month lease.

Many year leases have a clause that states that unless a certain amount of notice is given to terminate this lease at the end of the year, it automatically turns into a month by month tenancy. This avoids the necessity of having the renew the lease year after year.

To terminate a month by month tenancy, most states (not all by the way) require a 30 day written notice.

Gail

We have lived here for almost a year. Our move out date is Sept 10th. But because I did not give them the 60 days notice, we are staying until the 22nd. I was going over my contract and noticed the two different notice days. In the beginning of the contract it says 60, but in the end it says 30.

That's what is confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back