When you get married?

Izziybee13!

Jurisdiction
Georgia
When you get married to your new husband, and if your name is Garcia and your husband's name is Castillo on the marriage certificate and you take your marriage certificate down to the DMV because you want to get in your husband's name what name will the DMV put your license in if you show them your current marriage certificate and the marriage certificate it shows that your name is garcia and not your husband's name

What if you investigated somebody and you found out they were using an alias name and they have driver license, passports, credit cards, bank account and the alias name and that is fraud so, who do you contact? And if you change your adult name, you have to do a lawsuit to change the name and if the person did did it how did they attain these documents?

What if you investigated somebody and you found out they were using an alias name and they have driver license, passports, credit cards, bank account and the alias name and that is fraud so, who do you contact? And if you change your adult name, you have to do a lawsuit to change the name and if the person did did it how did they attain these documents?

Contrary to popular belief, a person is allowed to change her name. She can choose most any name she desires. She can go to court to legally change her name from Ruth Jones to Shirley Betts.

Just look at most Hollywood actors, musicians, TV personalities, etc.

Tom Cruise - born Thomas Cruise Mapother, IV

Winona Ryder - born Winona Laura Horowitz

Michael Keaton - born Michael John Douglas

Jamie Foxx - born Eric Marlon Bishop

Even chefs get in on the renaming craze:
Guy Fieri - born Guy Ramsay Ferry

Natalie Wood - born Natasha Nikolaevna Zakharenko

Bruno Mars - born Peter Gene Hernandez

Judy Garland - born Frances Ethel Gumm

Charlie Sheen - born Carlos Irwin Estévez

Marilyn Monroe - born Norma Jeane Mortenson

i_found_your_nose.jpg
noseouttabusiness.jpg

George Burns - Nathan Birnbaum.
Mike Connors - Krekor Ohanian
Kirk Douglas - Issur Danielovitch
Mel Brooks - Melvin Kaminsky
Jack Benny - Benjamin Kubelsky
John Wayne - Marion Robinson
Lana Del Rey - Elizabeth Grant
Audrey Hepburn - Edda van Heemstra Hepburn
Helen Mirren - Ilyena Vasilievna Mironoff
Whoopit Goldberg - Caryn Elaine Johnson
Ben Kingsley - Krishna Pandit Bhanji
Michael Caine - Maurice Micklewhite
Gene Simmons - Chaim Witz
Jamie Foxx - Eric Marlon Bishop

And what famous brothers were born Leonard, Adolph, Julius, Milton, and Herbert?
Hint - Not the Jackson Five.

When you get married to your new husband, and if your name is Garcia and your husband's name is Castillo on the marriage certificate and you take your marriage certificate down to the DMV because you want to get in your husband's name what name will the DMV put your license in if you show them your current marriage certificate and the marriage certificate it shows that your name is garcia and not your husband's name

You generally have a choice to adopt your new spouse's last name or continue to use your original name going forward.

What if you investigated somebody and you found out they were using an alias name and they have driver license, passports, credit cards, bank account and the alias name and that is fraud so, who do you contact? And if you change your adult name, you have to do a lawsuit to change the name and if the person did it how did they attain these documents?

Information about "common law name change" and statutory requirements are in the following article.

The basic rule in the U.S. is that you are free to use any name you like so long as the purpose for doing so isn't to aid in committing a crime, evade law enforcement, skip out on your financial obligations, etc.

As a result of this basic rule, there are a lot of people, particular those in the arts like authors, actors, musical performers, etc that use pseudonyms for their professional work. They don't have to go to court for that. Others have already given you some of those pseudonyms. One of the best known is the author Mark Twain whose real name was Samuel Clemens. Often they made those changes to make themselves more marketable. Sometimes they had to make the change. For example, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) has long had a rule that no two members may have the same name. So if a SAG member already uses a new actor's name, that actor needs to change his/her name for acting purposes to become a member of SAG.

If you want to change your legal name so that you may use your new name on those kinds of government documents then there are two basic ways that's done. One is going through the courts for a formal name change. The other is changing your name on a marriage license, which then becomes your new legal name.

Note that in today's society changing your legal name can become a real hassle. There are a lot organizations and businesses that you end up having to notify and that doesn't always go smoothly. There is a certain order in which you need to inform government agencies, for example, if you don't want to wander into a time consuming bureaucratic morass to get it all done. Thus, before updating the IRS with your new name you'd first have to notify Social Security of the new name because IRS relies on matching data with SSA to very SSNs on tax returns. If the information doesn't match, you return gets rejected by the IRS until that's fixed, which may delay your refund for months or, if you owe, might result in penalties and interest on what you owe.

What if you investigated somebody and you found out they were using an alias name and they have driver license, passports, credit cards, bank account and the alias name and that is fraud ...
To be clear, using an alias may be, but isn't necessarily fraud.

If you want to change your legal name so that you may use your new name on those kinds of government documents then there are two basic ways that's done. One is going through the courts for a formal name change. The other is changing your name on a marriage license, which then becomes your new legal name.
I will add that reverting back to a maiden name after divorce should always be done through the divorce decree thereby eliminating the need for further proceedings. Something often not included in the complaint.

what name will the DMV put your license

Depends on what you ask for. Under the circumstances described, and assume your license is already in the name "Garcia," you could get "Castillo," "Garcia-Castillo" or "Garcia Castillo."

What if you investigated somebody and you found out they were using an alias name and they have driver license, passports, credit cards, bank account and the alias name and that is fraud so, who do you contact?

You could contact anyone you want. Why are you investigating this person? Obviously, if you believe someone has committed a crime, you should report it to the police or other law enforcement agency.

And if you change your adult name, you have to do a lawsuit to change the name and if the person did did it how did they attain these documents?

Huh? I have no idea what the difference is (if any) between "you," "the person," and "they" in this sentence. Nor do I have any idea what documents you're talking about.

Let's see if we can simplify this.

When I got married, I took a copy of our marriage certificate to the local Social Security office. They began their process, whatever it is at their end, and right there and then gave me a piece of paper that said I had officially changed my name with them.

I took that piece of paper and the copy of my marriage certificate to the RMV and they changed the name on my drivers license right then and there.

A couple weeks later I got my new SS card with my new name.

I do not remember any more how or when I changed my name with the IRS but I believe it was when we filed our first joint return.

At the time I had only one credit card through my bank and when I changed it with the bank it automatically updated my credit card.

It's not necessary, at least in my state, to go to court or file a lawsuit or take any extreme actions. While it's something new and different and maybe a little frightening for you, for them it's just another day at the office; they do it all the time, every day.

Back