workers comp settlement

oldIndigoblue

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Can someone explain to me how they would determine a workmen's comp settlement amount, and a "possible" (maybe from your prior experience with cases) amount..was injured at work in June of 2023, sustained a L-3 wedge compression fractured...they tried to treat conservatively, with PT and 3 rounds of spinal epidural injections by pain management...they had me work out of work on extended sick leave while doing the PT and Epidurals ... returned back to work again on restricted light duty till pain management doctor and surgeon said I needed spinal fusion ..work then called me at home in April and said not to come back to work till after surgeon releases me..Had a 4 level spinal fusion done in July and now doing Physical Therapy again... don't know it it matters age wise but I'm 67 and starting to think about retirement... medical bill for hospital was app. $220,000 without surgeon fees (3 surgeons did case)..no Idea of PT charges..did like 6 months of PT before surgery and now doing again, and no Idea of Pain Management doctor charges for the 3 rounds of epidurals
Thank you

Last edited:
You'll find a great workers comp attorney among these sites:

Division of Workers' Compensation

could you venture a reasonable guess on a settlement amount..??

No one can really tell you? Could be 10k to 1m depends upon a lot of factors and who you have as a WC insurer. If it is with CHUBB then you are SOL, but other carriers are probably good. At your age you can go SSDI and get full retirement amounts at 67 which you are currently. The early retirement amounts are 55 and 61 for a reason for those who are severely disabled and not able to work.

It sounds like this would be you, good luck with it.

Back