X/Twitter pure criminal behavior!!!

Bambo50

Jurisdiction
Other
The things that are happening on the so called X/Twitter are beyond a scandal! This platform is full of bots trying to rip you off on any d@mn opportunity! The latest scam is the so called "crypto infulencers", they have nothing to do with the so called influencing anything!! They make and release crypto scam tokens, and once the people buy them, they flood the rest of the market with the tokens they kept hidden, if you can call this way, making the tokens they just released worthless and exchanging them for the valuable ones(the so called rug pull scam), or they use other manipulation methods such as "draining your wallet", with malicious crypto tokens that once activated on a website steals all the valuable crypto from your wallet(not sure how it works, but i saw people complaining about it as well).
Twitter has been aware of these people, they have 100 of thousands of followers, and there is a gang of 10-15 of them, millions already have been stolen and no one gives S**t!!

So now my question is, is there a way to sue twitter with any chance of winning? They are either completely neglecting it or deliberately hiding confirmed crypto scammers, out of the 15 crypto criminals only one has been banned, it's either complete neglect or pure collaboration... Recently they banned a dude that was helping to expose these scammers(probably because the scammers mass spammed the reports to get ride of him....), There's no way that people that steal millions in scams, that even kids can understand after being explained, go away with it, twitter has been aware for months, and they are doing nothing!! I emailed them 3 times, and got 3 times the same bot copy & paste response, this sh* has to stop now.

IS THERE a way to perhaps sue them for the damage obtained??? I lost 1600$ on that scam, this wouldn't have happened if they acted in time, and these people are still active on their platform after scamming 10's of thousands of people...

The things that are happening on the so called X/Twitter are beyond a scandal! This platform is full of bots trying to rip you off on any d@mn opportunity! The latest scam is the so called "crypto infulencers", they have nothing to do with the so called influencing anything!! They make and release crypto scam tokens, and once the people buy them, they flood the rest of the market with the tokens they kept hidden, if you can call this way, making the tokens they just released worthless and exchanging them for the valuable ones(the so called rug pull scam), or they use other manipulation methods such as "draining your wallet", with malicious crypto tokens that once activated on a website steals all the valuable crypto from your wallet(not sure how it works, but i saw people complaining about it as well).
Twitter has been aware of these people, they have 100 of thousands of followers, and there is a gang of 10-15 of them, millions already have been stolen and no one gives S**t!!

So now my question is, is there a way to sue twitter with any chance of winning? They are either completely neglecting it or deliberately hiding confirmed crypto scammers, out of the 15 crypto criminals only one has been banned, it's either complete neglect or pure collaboration... Recently they banned a dude that was helping to expose these scammers(probably because the scammers mass spammed the reports to get ride of him....), There's no way that people that steal millions in scams, that even kids can understand after being explained, go away with it, twitter has been aware for months, and they are doing nothing!! I emailed them 3 times, and got 3 times the same bot copy & paste response, this sh* has to stop now.

IS THERE a way to perhaps sue them for the damage obtained??? I lost 1600$ on that scam, this wouldn't have happened if they acted in time, and these people are still active on their platform after scamming 10's of thousands of people...
What US state are you located in?

I lost 1600$ on that scam,

That's the cost of your life lesson from the school of hard knocks.

You won't win a lawsuit against X/Twitter because a crook scammed you.

You won't win a lawsuit against a bank because somebody forged a check on your account.

You won't win a lawsuit against paypal because a seller took your money and didn't deliver.

Are you getting the idea yet?

You go after the scammer who scammed you. Nobody else is responsible for you being scammed. Well, except maybe you.

That's the cost of your life lesson from the school of hard knocks.

You won't win a lawsuit against X/Twitter because a crook scammed you.

You won't win a lawsuit against a bank because somebody forged a check on your account.

You won't win a lawsuit against paypal because a seller took your money and didn't deliver.

Are you getting the idea yet?

You go after the scammer who scammed you. Nobody else is responsible for you being scammed. Well, except maybe you.
And that's from a supposed "moderator", they have been aware of this situation for months and did nothing that's 1, next, they don't want to collaborate, no info from twitter. That account had 10's of thousands of followers for more then a decade, so the idea was if somethings goes wrong, then it will be clear who to sue, turns out that the account might be fake, and twitter doesn't even bother to do anything DESPITE multiple reports for months, so if they are not to blame as well then idk what it is, you sound like a big fan of blaming everyone but not the actual criminals.

And that's from a supposed "moderator", they have been aware of this situation for months and did nothing that's 1, next, they don't want to collaborate, no info from twitter. That account had 10's of thousands of followers for more then a decade, so the idea was if somethings goes wrong, then it will be clear who to sue, turns out that the account might be fake, and twitter doesn't even bother to do anything DESPITE multiple reports for months, so if they are not to blame as well then idk what it is, you sound like a big fan of blaming everyone but not the actual criminals.
Sorry - this forum is for US law matters only. Since you ignored my question, it's a pretty safe bet that you're not in the US. See legal assistance in whatever country you are in.

Tell you what, sport. Hire an attorney (about 20k retainer) and sue X. It will cost you 10's of thousands of dollars...but gosh darn it! It's the freaking principle of it all...right?

Tell you what, sport. Hire an attorney (about 20k retainer) and sue X. It will cost you 10's of thousands of dollars...but gosh darn it! It's the freaking principle of it all...right?
Sure, better leave all these criminals that most likely are linked to other criminal activity to do their thing, you sound like it's something cool kids do... I am out of this dumb ass place, it must be some trolls forum.

Sure, better leave all these criminals that most likely are linked to other criminal activity to do their thing, you sound like it's something cool kids do... I am out of this dumb ass place, it must be some trolls forum.
You ever hear the expression "throwing good money after bad"?
You made a bad investment. You are not alone in that. It is not Elon Musks fault that you made this investment. IMPO he is scum, and I stay off X because of my belief that he is scum. But he is not responsible for your bad investment.

Anyone can sue anybody for anything... but it doesn't mean you will win, and you will spend a ton of money tilting at this windmill. Good money after bad.

So now my question is, is there a way to sue twitter with any chance of winning?

If you are located in the U.S. you'd have to prove that X actually knew the person/company with that X handle (user name) was running a scam and that it failed to take measures to stop it in a reasonable period of time after it learned of the problem. If you are in some other country, the law may be different and you'd need to find a site devoted to legal issues in your country.

Often the con artists running the scam close it down before the platform can discover it and ban them. Then they just set up their next con under a different handle or on a different platform. That makes it hard for platforms to do much about a lot of these scams.

Scams abound on the internet, not just on X. The same thing happens on Facebook and other platforms, too. In most cases the only person liable to you for the loss is going to be only the person/company that scammed you. Digital currency/crypto is a hot area of activity these days with lots of people getting into it thinking they'll get rich and not doing the kind of due diligence they should do before making any investment. That makes it an activity that is very attractive to con artists.

One small bit of solace here is that if you are a U.S. citizen or resident you might be eligible to take a fraud loss deduction on your U.S. federal income tax return for the loss. That's something to ask your tax advisor about.

Back