Donkeys 'Anxious' About Harris' Debate Performance

army judge

Super Moderator
The emotions of nervous Democrats range from cautious to "extremely anxious" over their presidential nominee, Vice President Kamala Harris, who is set to engage in a "catastrophic or monumental" debate against Republican nominee Donald Trump on Tuesday night, The Hill reported.

Harris has given just one interview, with Democrat-friendly CNN and running mate Tim Walz by her side, her convention speech was canned, and her public appearances have been tightly scripted since replacing President Joe Biden as the nominee in late July. It all adds up to anxiety over a candidate who's untested.

"We were already moved on from the convention at the convention because of the anxiety of what this debate could actually turn out to look like. People are extremely anxious about her performance," Democrat strategist Ray Zaccaro told The Hill. "There's a sense of real caution about expectations on her performance."
Said a Democrat senator: "Yeah, I'm nervous. She's not tested. I think she is going to be as well-prepared as anyone could possibly be, and they'll go over every foreseeable scenario."

Even Trump said he doesn't "know what to expect" because Harris has "changed all of her policies over the years."

Tuesday night's debate in Philadelphia is the only one scheduled between the two so far. Harris has been holed up in Pittsburgh practicing with Karen Dunn, a former adviser to Hillary Clinton, and Philippe Reines, who has played the role of Trump, even wearing a power suit and red tie, according to The Hill.

The debate is also the first since Biden's performance against Trump in June that led to Harris being here as the nominee in the first place.

"She has to get past this debate. It shouldn't matter as much as it's going to matter, but it does," a strategist told The Hill.

What Is A Power Suit & When Should I Wear One?​

The "power suit" is a term that's often used, little understood, and arguably dated when it comes to suit styles. Often associated with Wall Street bankers, shrewd lawyers or brash businessmen, it's a catch-all often employed when suggesting a confident look.

Sometimes it refers to a particular style that commands respect and other times it may not be so flattering. In this guide, you will learn about the power suit, what it means, and how to wear one:

Use the links above to jump ahead or scroll down to read it all.

Speaking metaphorically, a power suit is one that lives at the intersection of conservatism and boldness. The point is to exude confidence and, well, power. The term "power suit" is a holdover from the 1980s. When we hear that phrase, we think of the film Wall Street and Gordon Gekko's clothes.

It conjures up images of wide, built-up shoulder pads and boxy looks.

Nowadays, a power suit is any expertly tailored conservative suit worn with bold colors that tell your audience that you're competent and confident.

Practically speaking, this means bold blocks of conservative colors. "Conservative" in this sense is being used sartorially and is very similar to what we suggest for a job interview suit:

• Dark blue or charcoal suits with no pattern, perhaps minimal texture for visual interest
  • Solid or subtly striped shirt with a standard spread collar
  • Solid, repp stripe, or dotted ties in bold shades of primary colors, particularly red
  • Impeccably -but not overly- tailored

When Should I Wear A Power Suit?

Man adjusting sleeve of power suit

The point of a power suit is to make a positive, lasting, bold impression on your audience. They are therefore useful tools for:

• Job Interviews
  • Sales & Business Development Meetings
  • Presentations
We do not advise that you wear a power suit to a funeral. While it's important to look your best at a funeral, you want to look subdued as well. Out of respect for the deceased and his/her family, wearing a power suit would be too bold a move.

It may also be a bit much to wear such a suit on a date, as the look is more imposing than it is sexy or romantic.

Power Suits & Suit Cuts: British, Italian, Or American?

If you haven't done so yet, we invite you to take a look at our guides to British, American, and Italian (also known as Continental) suits. These pages will give you in-depth information as to the nuances of each suit "nationality."

When donning a power suit, the trick is to focus on subtle elegance with understated yet deliberate details. Rather than overdoing it with brash colours and bold accessories, you opt instead for barely noticeable features.

For instance, the suit itself may consist of a pattern weave, which works best with dark and muted colours. A great example would be herringbone, which remains conservative while blending in with colours like charcoal or navy without losing visual interest.

As hinted above, the fit should be modern and flattering without being overly tight. The overall objective should be towards confidence rather than sex appeal.

Similarly, aim for classic and conservative details such as notched lapels, straight flap pockets, and side vents. Ticket pockets and contrast stitching are indeed possible but won't be quite as effective.

Furthermore, consider a plain white cotton pocket square in a classic TV fold. This choice of pocket square would be an excellent detail whereas other folds and styles may risk being too flamboyant. Similarly, luxury cufflinks that use simple metallic colours are particularly effective.

Finally, the tie should offer a balanced level of contrast without overpowering the entire outfit. For instance, note the burgundy dotted tie in this guide's accompanying images.

And now that the debate is over, those of us on the left are delighted with how thoroughly she demolished him.

LOL, and I will be happy when the liberal cities implode upon themselves. Your girl though was won a Disney ABC moderated debate with a crew that are just as blue as any other liberals. Congrats, I do not see Harris running to do a Fox News or BBC debate.

and by the way she wore audio ear rings so basically not only was the moderation rigged, the lady had a ear bud telling her what to say. Congrats I guess, you win but democracy loses yet again.

LOL, and I will be happy when the liberal cities implode upon themselves. Your girl though was won a Disney ABC moderated debate with a crew that are just as blue as any other liberals. Congrats, I do not see Harris running to do a Fox News or BBC debate.

and by the way she wore audio ear rings so basically not only was the moderation rigged, the lady had a ear bud telling her what to say. Congrats I guess, you win but democracy loses yet again.

India news? Really? Couldn't even get something locally, out of all 50 states?

What Is A Power Suit & When Should I Wear One?​

Nice article on the subject. Unfortunately where I live now few men even own a suit, much less wear one except maybe to a funeral. About the only men I see wearing one are lawyers going to court and some of the older bankers and financial advisors. I wear one fairly frequently because tax clients tend to expect it, but specifically fine tuning a power suit would be lost to most people here. It's a very causual life style here, has been for decades. Even a lot of CEOs don't wear suits anymore, at least here. Steve Jobs while CEO of Apple famously never wore suits and that encouraged the more casual attire that tech executives now favor. I kind of miss the days when suits, or even a just jacket and tie, were seen a lot more.

LOL, and I will be happy when the liberal cities implode upon themselves.

I get the spirit in which you said that, but that's something we of course wouldn't want to occur. Everyone would end up paying for that, whether in a blue or red state.

IMO one of the most challenging problems for our national politicians is that the needs of urban areas and rural areas are very different and policies that may help one might hurt the other.

Perhaps Trump should have had an earbud to assist him in the debate. Perhaps then he would have had cogent and factual answers.

Trump wasn't at his best, certainly. For me leading up to the debate there was a question of which version of Trump would show up for the debate and the one we got in the debate was the one that is gloomy regarding the state of the nation, who tended to wander off-topic and that reacted poorly to personal jibes lobbed at him by Harris. At his best he can be humorous and also return fire effectively to land rhetorical blows against his opponent. That's not the Trump we saw last night. I don't whether the problem was that Trump didn't prepare for this as well as he should have or whether his advisors didn't give him the right advice on what he needed to do in that debate.

However, in an election in which most people already have hardened positions regarding which candidate they'll vote for the debate may not matter a whole lot.

"Despite social media buzz, there is no credible evidence to suggest that Harris used earphones to receive assistance during the debate."

Lest I forget to cite my source, here it is:

It may look familiar...it's the article YOU posted.

Trump wasn't at his best, certainly. For me leading up to the debate there was a question of which version of Trump would show up for the debate and the one we got in the debate was the one that is gloomy regarding the state of the nation, who tended to wander off-topic and that reacted poorly to personal jibes lobbed at him by Harris. At his best he can be humorous and also return fire effectively to land rhetorical blows against his opponent. That's not the Trump we saw last night. I don't whether the problem was that Trump didn't prepare for this as well as he should have or whether his advisors didn't give him the right advice on what he needed to do in that debate.

However, in an election in which most people already have hardened positions regarding which candidate they'll vote for the debate may not matter a whole lot.
I don't agree with all that you posted. I, personally, think Trump is, at best, cognitively challenged, at worst perhaps something worse.

I do respect your opinations though and truly appreciate the way that you present them.

And I do still think you should run for office. ;)

True, they are not appealing to a larger audience, the donkeys are going to vote for her and elephants for him. I didn't see any of them moving the needle much, but i do know the middle class in this country has decreased to 51% of the populace. That migrate caravans field with tons of illegals cross the border everyday. Harris has had 4 years to fix it and didn't. So, while I respect the entrenched blue voters here, there is nothing I nor you could say to ever change their vote. Trump cares about America and Americans the other side would rather fund endless wars, send billions to foreign governments, talk about division, hate and equity while blaming the other side and calling them names.

Trump took a bullet for democracy, facing a financial ruin for democracy just by trying to change the system up which was built to protect the players while excluding the people. The constitution was written to prevent what is happening from happening. It is just a matter of not if but when the powder keg blows.

I don't agree with all that you posted. I, personally, think Trump is, at best, cognitively challenged, at worst perhaps something worse.

I do respect your opinations though and truly appreciate the way that you present them.

And I do still think you should run for office. ;)

Trump isn't Biden, you recall the sitting President that you all evoked the 25th on to remove him as the nomination since the assassination attempt didn't work out.

Trump isn't Biden, you recall the sitting President that you all evoked the 25th on to remove him as the nomination since the assassination attempt didn't work out.
There was no invocation of the 25th Amendment.
The 25th Amendment has no bearing to a party's nomination of a candidate.

You appear to just fact challenged as your MAGA buddies. The nutjob who tried to kill Trump was a registered republican.

Back