Employer Refusing to Fill Wage Verification Form

SeaLand

Jurisdiction
New York
I got into a car accident. My insurance company has covered the loss. All I need is the compensation for missed wages for the days I was out of work. It was about a week of pay. My insurance company sent the Employer's Wage Verification Report form to the employer last 2 months ago. This employer is a corporation by the way. I even reached out to my employer in person even though that isn't my job. They said they will look into it. Its 2 months now, and my insurance company sent 2 more letters and yet they haven't filled out the form.

My file has been closed by the insurance company after inactivity for 30 days. They said they can reopen it if they receive the form. Is this lawsuit worthy for workplace negligence? I desperately need that 1 week of pay. The employer thinks the form is just optional.

Ask your insurance company to send you the form and a return addressed envelope and when you get them, march into your HR department, hand them the form and ask that they please fill it out now. Then seal it in the envelope and mail it back to the insurance company.

1) The insurance company accepts pay stubs, but I didn't work the week of the accident and my employer doesn't give out pay stubs for non-work days. So I didn't get a pay stub for that week. I sent them the past week and next week's stubs though. That wasn't enough.
2) The insurance company only accepts the NF 6 Form from NY.
3) Now my next course of action is to talk to the managers or case worker. I need to talk to someone above HR.

Back