Grandmother of non custodial

eg2000

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello, 10 years ago I separated from my child's father that I was never married to. I was granted managing conservator and he had standard visitation. Last October he moved out of state and has never been back. Now he and his mother are suing me so he can sign over his visitation to her on his behalf. I can not stand this woman she has harassed me for years. Made false claims to cps sent police to my house three times for nonsense. And basically thinks my child is hers. There's no good reason why he should have left the state other than evading child support for years. What are the chances she will win? If she has any legal authority over me she'll make my life miserable.

Children aren't chattel.

chattel /chăt′l/

noun

1. An article of movable personal property.
  2. A slave.
  3. Any item of movable or immovable property except the freehold, or the things which are parcel of it. It is a more extensive term than goods or effects.
Parental units don't own children.

Neither can the relatives of the parental units own, trade, barter children.

Unmarried males who ALLEGE to have fathered a child MUST go to court and prove the ALLEGED parentage.

These days such proof is easy to learn, thanks to DNA and genetic testing.

Unmarried females who birth children are invested with full, sole parental and custodial rights for the child at birth.

I suggest you ignore these two BULLIES.

Cease all communication directly or indirectly with either bully.

However, don't ignore legal filings.

Always respond to their lawsuits.

If you believe the lawsuits to be unlawful, seek the advice of an attorney specializing in family law.

Some counties in Texas have legal assistance for women in your position. Ask your elected leaders or seek the counsel of battered/abused women's groups or shelters. Many also offer abused/bullied females legal assistance, thanks to some very caring attorneys.

I wish you well.

The Texas Attorney General will also assist mothers in their attempts to collect money from deadbeat males who father children, AFTER paternity is established by a court.

The AG's website, where you can seek help collecting what the deadbeat owes you.

Back