How do I subpoena my husband’s work financially records?

Home

Jurisdiction
California
My husband was having affairs throughout our marriage supporting other secret families he had. I want to file for Marital waste claim.

My question is how do I subpoena his work for financial records?

I have the subpoena already asking for production or records stamped Form from court.

What do I write on it and how do I serve it and can he object to it???

We are not allowed to give legal advice that is specific to the drafting of documents.

You will have to talk to an attorney and file for divorce.

Without a divorce petition, what you are contemplating is likely to get you nowhere.

Please keep all your discussion in this thread. Your duplicate has been deleted.

We are not allowed to give legal advice that is specific to the drafting of documents.

You will have to talk to an attorney and file for divorce.

Without a divorce petition, what you are contemplating is likely to get you nowhere.

Please keep all your discussion in this thread. Your duplicate has been deleted.
Well can you please at least provide me with a link.

EDIT: As was mentioned above, this is done as part of your lawsuit, not outside of it.

Keep in mind that you are asking for something that you could just as easily get from tax records.

EDIT: As was mentioned above, this is done as part of your lawsuit, not outside of it.

Keep in mind that you are asking for something that you could just as easily get from tax records.
How can I easily get his tax records?

You cannot easily get his tax records. It will take a subpoena.

I do not know of any website that will tell you how a subpoena would help. Nor can you, personally, get a subpoena. ONLY a lawyer working on your behalf can make the appropriate case before a judge to get a subpoena issued; it is not something a private citizen can do.

I have read your reports and your PM's. It's not that you are being ignored; it's that you are demanding things we cannot supply. Some of what you are asking for does not exist; other things that you are asking for cannot be provided on a message board and needs an attorney in your state working for you.

You cannot easily get his tax records. It will take a subpoena.

I do not know of any website that will tell you how a subpoena would help. Nor can you, personally, get a subpoena. ONLY a lawyer working on your behalf can make the appropriate case before a judge to get a subpoena issued; it is not something a private citizen can do.

I have read your reports and your PM's. It's not that you are being ignored; it's that you are demanding things we cannot supply. Some of what you are asking for does not exist; other things that you are asking for cannot be provided on a message board and needs an attorney in your state working for you.
I have subpoenaed Discovery from him before and have stamped subpoenas from court for production
But I read o have hire a custodian of records or something like that to be middle man???

However, he has repeatedly been lowering his wages. This is a criminal hacker professional software engineer and IT administrator and I don't trust him.

I rather need them straight from his work
You know.

I really appreciate your kind responses
Thank you

His employer has NO legal obligation to provide you with his records, and depending on what records you are looking for may be prohibited by law from doing so due to privacy laws. Not without a court order.

If you are determined to do this on your own without an attorney there's nothing this board can do to help you.

Nor can you, personally, get a subpoena. ONLY a lawyer working on your behalf can make the appropriate case before a judge to get a subpoena issued; it is not something a private citizen can do.
I disagree. An attorney, as an officer of the court, can issue a subpoena.
A non-attorney must ask the court to issue the subpoena, which the OP has apparently already done.

Note to cbg: In California, an attorney representing a party to a pending civil action (including a divorce) can issue a subpoena without any involvement by the court. A self-represented party has to have the clerk issue the subpoena, but they merely rubber-stamp them (literally and figuratively). No one has to "make [an] appropriate case before a judge to get a subpoena issued."

To the OP: you should spend some quality time reading section 1985, et seq. of the Code of Civil Procedure and the relevant chapter and sections on subpoenas in The Rutter Group's Civil Procedure Before Trial practice guide (available at any law library).

I realize I may have overstated. However, it is still something for which she needs an attorney and cannot do on her own.

Back