Medicaid duals program

hoodoo creek

Jurisdiction
Idaho
Hello! I was on Idaho Medicaid starting in 2020. In 2021, and then got social security Medicare as of January 1st 2022. In April 2022, Idaho Medicaid enrolled me in what is called "duals program" which works in conjunction with social security Medicare, for those in convelescent care / assisted living, despite being only 54 at the time, and not unable to walk or care for myself. This duals program was paid by Idaho Medicaid to Blue Cross of Idaho at $1,750 a month. In August of 2022, I turned 55 and so all Medicaid expenses started counting towards my home as retrievable by Idaho estate recovery. By March of 2023, I had discovered that this going on, totally unaware and promptly cancelled it, but not before accruing $12,500 in debt towards my home. I've contacted estate recovery, and Idaho Medicaid division and keep getting kicked around. How do I go about fighting this up coming lein against my home? Please any advice?

I have a hard time with typing and only finished the 6th grade. But what bothers me most is that I already had Medicare, which pays 80% of medical expenses, but then someone, without consulting me nor my doctor, and certainly didn't even look at my medical records, takes the liberty of engaging me in a medical insurance plan at $1750 a month, just ahead of my 55th birthday, them knowing that I'd be liable for the expense, angers me beyond explanation. I'm almost tempted to sell my childhood home now at 57 and put the money in someone else's hands that I could trust. I have no issue paying for my costs to public medical, but this is essentially legal stealing.

I'm almost tempted to sell my childhood home now at 57 and put the money in someone else's hands that I could trust.
You shouldn't do that because if a lien is perfected for the $12,500 and you sell or transfer ownership, it may be considered a fraudulent transfer to hide assets from a creditor. A court could then reverse the transaction.

Talk to an attorney before you do anything.

Yes, I've thought about it, but wouldn't do it. My first wife is buried here, in a beautiful Aspen Grove by the creek and I wouldn't leave her behind. It's just frustration. I wish I could afford an attorney. I spoke with a Medicaid / elder care attorney awhile back, but the funds ran out fairly quickly. I'm hoping to get a bit more insight into what went wrong and write letters to higher officials in Medicaid establishment

I'm hoping to get a bit more insight into what went wrong and write letters to higher officials in Medicaid establishment

Write that letter TODAY, citizen.

In fact, write as many letters as necessary seeking HELP and ANSWERS FROM the president of the United States, your two elected US Senators, your Congressional representative to the US Congress, United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra.

Also:

Meena Seshamani, M.D., PhD

Deputy Administrator and Director
Meena Seshamani, MD, PhD is an accomplished, strategic leader with a deep understanding of health economics and a heart-felt commitment to outstanding patient care. Her diverse background as a health care executive, health economist, physician and health policy expert has given her a unique perspective on how health policy impacts the real lives of patients.

She most recently served as Vice President of Clinical Care Transformation at MedStar Health, where she conceptualized, designed, and implemented population health and value-based care initiatives and served on the senior leadership of the 10 hospital, 300+ outpatient care site health system. Department, including coverage policy, delivery system reform, and public health policy.

She received her B.A. with Honors in Business Economics from Brown University, her M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and her Ph.D. in Health Economics from the University of Oxford, where she was a Marshall Scholar.

Health & Human Services
Inspector General

Don't allow 24 hours to pass without getting your letters written, mailed, or emailed.

Don't burn daylight, use it to get ahead of the greedy, powerful paws of the GUBMINT to snatched EVERYTHING you've acquired to reimburse them for their ERRORS!!!!

Write that letter TODAY, citizen.

In fact, write as many letters as necessary seeking HELP and ANSWERS FROM the president of the United States, your two elected US Senators, your Congressional representative to the US Congress, United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra.

Also:

Meena Seshamani, M.D., PhD

Deputy Administrator and Director
Meena Seshamani, MD, PhD is an accomplished, strategic leader with a deep understanding of health economics and a heart-felt commitment to outstanding patient care. Her diverse background as a health care executive, health economist, physician and health policy expert has given her a unique perspective on how health policy impacts the real lives of patients.

She most recently served as Vice President of Clinical Care Transformation at MedStar Health, where she conceptualized, designed, and implemented population health and value-based care initiatives and served on the senior leadership of the 10 hospital, 300+ outpatient care site health system. Department, including coverage policy, delivery system reform, and public health policy.

She received her B.A. with Honors in Business Economics from Brown University, her M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and her Ph.D. in Health Economics from the University of Oxford, where she was a Marshall Scholar.

Health & Human Services
Inspector General

Don't allow 24 hours to pass without getting your letters written, mailed, or emailed.

Don't burn daylight, use it to get ahead of the greedy, powerful paws of the GUBMINT to snatched EVERYTHING you've acquired to reimburse them for their ERRORS!!!!
Thank you sir. A lot of leads here in your post and I'll be sure to pursue each of them, absolutely! I just need someone to craft me a letter, that I can start sending out. This will be coming about as soon as possible. Thank you so much!

One question......any advice on getting someone to write a letter for me? Was contemplating advertising for a writer. I dropped out of school early in 7th grade, in 1980 and need an expert for something this important. Any advice on where I could look?

One question......any advice on getting someone to write a letter for me? Was contemplating advertising for a writer. I dropped out of school early in 7th grade, in 1980 and need an expert for something this important. Any advice on where I could look?
I might suggest ChatGPT. Be careful to check the output it gives you and don't just rely on it blindly.

You can't be serious. But it does make sense about some of your responses.
The request from the OP (assistance in writing a letter) is right in ChatGPT's wheelhouse. It will need massaging, of course, but it will give a great starting point at no cost.

of school early in 7th grade, in 1980 and need an expert for something this important. Any advice on where I could look?

You can look up your Congressional Rep's name and it'll reveal her/his local offices, as well as the one in DC.

Here's the really good news.

You can make an appointment at a local, nearby office, meet with one of her/his staffers to tell your story and ask for her/his help.

That visit will cost you nothing but your time.

The help you receive will be given to you for no money out of your pocket.

The same goes for either of your two Senators, too.

Once you reveal that you dropped out of school at age 12 or 13, his/her staff will be even more helpful.

No need to be embarrassed, you're just one of hundreds of citizens your federal officials help everyday.

All you need to do is think about what you require help with, make a few notes, that way telling your story is easier.

You folks are fantastic! Thank you! I don't know anything about chat gtp, but I'll ask my wife as she's way way way more knowledgeable about the computer and internet. I struggle just to find this site each time!

Back