Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Minor caught shoplifting, what's going to happen to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annanicole815

i know, i know. i was stupid, i know that i shouldn't have done it and i cried, i regret it. But i'm really afraid for what's going to happen to me.
i'm 16 and an employee of the store, i was fired from it for shoplifting there about 5 times. they knew about every single time i shoplifted for about a few months and they called me in today the first time. asked about it, and told me they were calling the cops. i didn't know why they didn't call me the first time they found out?

the cop came, arrested me (i stole about 233 dollars of stuff total)
i now have a court date awaiting me.

what i'm REALLY worried about is since they have it on tape of me shoplifting 5+ times, would the judge see it as my first offense? or more like my 6th offense?

would i get sent to jail? please, i'm so scared for my future and i just want advice

by the way i live in minnesota

About $233.00? Its important to know if it was over $250.00 which is the felony threshold. Also do you know charge you got? Penal code would help. You are facing serious charges (possible felony) you need a Lawyer! Now without knowing if you crossed Felony level or the charge its hard to say about punishment. Come back with that we can be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back