Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Tier 1 removal from registry

jacobwelch

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I was required to register in mn for criminal sexual conduct for 10 years in 2006. I pled guilty to burglary but the sexual conduct charge was dismissed. I have not been convicted of a sec offense, however to my understanding in minnesota if i pled guilty to any offense involved in the same situation i had to register as a sex offender. I was temorarily working there at the time but live in missouri. Mo says you cant be removed if convicted out of state. Since i wasnt convicted do i have a chance of getting removed. They say a tier one is required to register for 15 years, it's been longer than 15 and i still get letters saying i need to register. It's difficult to find answers to these things.

I was required to register in mn for criminal sexual conduct for 10 years in 2006. I pled guilty to burglary but the sexual conduct charge was dismissed. I have not been convicted of a sec offense, however to my understanding in minnesota if i pled guilty to any offense involved in the same situation i had to register as a sex offender. I was temorarily working there at the time but live in missouri. Mo says you cant be removed if convicted out of state. Since i wasnt convicted do i have a chance of getting removed. They say a tier one is required to register for 15 years, it's been longer than 15 and i still get letters saying i need to register. It's difficult to find answers to these things.
You need to consult with a Criminal Law Attorney.

You need to consult with a Criminal Law Attorney.

Great suggestion.

I've heard it said, don't discuss or reveal your involvement in criminal matters on public forums.

Have you heard that, too?

I know this lawyer dude who gently suggested that I should use my right to remain silent.

Great suggestion.

I've heard it said, don't discuss or reveal your involvement in criminal matters on public forums.

Have you heard that, too?

I know this lawyer dude who gently suggested that I should use my right to remain silent.
Wow! I did hear that as well! I also heard not to consult with random strangers regarding criminal matters, and or important stuff. ;)

Jacob...Please don't take the banter Judge and I are indulging in personally. Your situation really does need to be reviewed by an attorney and the general guidance offered on legal site would not be appropriate.

Back