Trump documents case dismissed today

welkin

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652.672.0.pdf

Based on the unconstitutional appointment of Jack Smith, the case was dismissed. This will also spill over to the DC case.

All the lawfare against Trump is falling apart. A good day for the country.

Order of the court:

For the reasons set forth above, it is ORDERED AND ADJUDGED as follows:1. Defendants' Motion to Dismiss Superseding Indictment Based on Unlawful Appointment and Funding of Special Counsel Jack Smith is GRANTED in accordance with this Order [ECF No. 326].2. The Superseding Indictment [ECF No. 85] is DISMISSED.3. This Order is confined to this proceeding. The Court decides no other legal rights or claims.4. This Order shall not affect or weaken any of the protections for classified information imposed in this case or any protective orders pertaining to classified information.5. The Clerk is directed to CLOSE this case. Any scheduled hearings are CANCELLED. Any pending motions are DENIED AS MOOT, and any pending deadlines are TERMINATED. DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Fort Pierce, Florida, this 15th day of July 2024. _________________________________ AILEEN M. CANNON UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDG

Last edited:
Until a defendant has had his case adjudicated and exhausted her/his potential appellate issues, he/she isn't a convicted felon.

There are many wrongs yet to be corrected regarding Former President Trump's myriad of "soon to be known as illegal legal assaults" coming.

During the sham "dumbed down fake debate", on June 27th, the opposing debater called Former President Trump a convicted felon.

I've been told a massive defamation lawsuit is being prepared. The plaintiff will seek $10,000,000,000 in damages.

As our nation prepares for November 5th, there will be many more wrongs righted, accusations shouted, as the lunacy subsides.

I've been told a massive defamation lawsuit is being prepared. The plaintiff will seek $10,000,000,000 in damages.

Yeah, well, good luck with that if he pursues it. I don't see that as having a high rate of success.

I'll reserve judgment on Trumps guilt or until the court cases have played out. Even if judged not guilty, however, doesn't mean that what Trump did was legal or right. Judge Cannon's decision was not made on the merits of the case, after all. My hope is that Trump loses this November and the Republican Party finally dumps Trump and the MAGA movement. That's when the lunacy will subside.

The best thing for Nov. 5 would be if both parties replaced the two very elderly and clearly declining candidates with people who are more up for the demands of the job. It won't happen, so we'll end up with another four years of ineffective presidency regardless of which of them wins.

The best thing for Nov. 5 would be if both parties replaced the two very elderly and clearly declining candidates with people who are more up for the demands of the job. It won't happen, so we'll end up with another four years of ineffective presidency regardless of which of them wins.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Unlike others, I listen to what others say.

I don't demean other human beings.

One of the many great things about this wonderful nation is the potpurri of ideas, which is why I'll always hear the other person out.

I'm not a deity.

I have no super powers.

I'm just a guy who is proud of serving our nation for 35 years.

Thanks for offering up your ideas.

Nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts and beliefs, especially if done civilly.

Nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts and beliefs, especially if done civilly.

I agree with that 100%. Differences in views are not a bad thing if the exchange of views is done, as you say, civilly. It can be a very good thing if people aren't so rigid in their thinking that they aren't open to change or new ideas when presented with something they hadn't considered before. CA and TX, for example, may be very different politically, but the nation as a whole is better off with both of them in the Union.

Picking JD Vance as his running mate is a good idea, Trump gets 4 more years then 8 years of Vance will put America back together again. Once and for all we will be out of the grips of a corrupt community organizer from Chicago who used mob rule to scare fellow Americans into appeasing our enemies, embracing the wrong and facing dark times of liberal ideologies which not only destroy the human spirit but also the moral of country.

It can be a very good thing if people aren't so rigid in their thinking that they aren't open to change or new ideas when presented with something they hadn't considered before. CA and TX, for example, may be very different politically, but the nation as a whole is better off with both of them in the Union.

Geography, as in individual states aren't the problem.

Human beings exist and thrive because of geography.

The infusion of certain personalities are the spoon in the kettle that stirs the bubbling gruel.

That said, people should be open to hearing new ideas, mending fences, and learning new things.

For example, Teamsters President Sean O'Brien and former President Trump are to be commended in their efforts to form new ties between former adversaries.

Citizens of our great nation should work towards healing, over howling.

Some of my Native American ancestors the Pottawatamis and the Comanches worked with Caucasian pioneers to create a peace and eventually a treaty.

Watch Teamsters president Sean O'Brien speaks at Republican National Convention

O'Brien and the Teamsters have not endorsed a presidential candidate. O'Brien is scheduled to speak at the Democratic National Convention as well.

Watch Teamsters president Sean O'Brien speaks at Republican National Convention

O'Brien and the Teamsters have not endorsed a presidential candidate. O'Brien is scheduled to speak at the Democratic National Convention as well.

Teamsters president Sean O'Brien took the podium at the Republican National Convention on Monday to talk about how work against big business brought him to address the GOP gathering.

The RNC is taking place in Milwaukee through Thursday where former President Donald Trump on Thursday will formally accept the party's nomination for the 2024 Election.

USA TODAY and the USA TODAY Network have around 60 journalists on the ground in Milwaukee and you can follow along with our live blog for updates throughout the day.

RNC 2024 live updates:What time is the convention? What's the schedule of speakers?

What to know about Sean O'Brien

In 2022, O'Brien was elected the president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, one of the largest and most influential labor unions in the U.S., with 1.3 million members.
O'Brien is perhaps most widely known for his high-profile encounter with U.S. Sen. Markwayne Mullin, R-OK, in a 2023 labor committee hearing, when the two skirted physical confrontation over social media posts O'Brien had made about Mullin.
The Teamsters have not endorsed a presidential candidate and O'Brien is also scheduled to speak at the Democratic National Convention in August. He's rallied alongside left-wing Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-VT, in the past.
Former President Donald Trump announced in a post on Truth Social that he had invited O'Brien to speak. A Teamsters spokesperson told The Hill that a Teamsters president has never addressed the RNC before.

The Teamsters and their voting members are an important piece to getting Donald back into the White House. Most of their members vote R anyway but the leadership have always been D men. I do not believe the Teamsters have endorsed anyone at this point and time. From my understanding they may not endorse a candidate in this election something they haven't done since Bill Clinton's second term.

Picking JD Vance as his running mate is a good idea, Trump gets 4 more years then 8 years of Vance will put America back together again. Once and for all we will be out of the grips of a corrupt community organizer from Chicago who used mob rule to scare fellow Americans into appeasing our enemies, embracing the wrong and facing dark times of liberal ideologies which not only destroy the human spirit but also the moral of country.

I don't see JD Vance at this point as one who could win a general election, and he is risking a lot being Trump's running mate. Should Trump win and his presidency be as chaotic or more than his first term, that likely won't give much of a boost to Vance beyond the MAGA diehards who would vote for anyone Trump supported anyway. After all, how Trump governed the first time around wasn't enough to get him reelected in 2020. He needs a different approach if he wants a different result.

For Vance to benefit, Trump would have govern in a more inclusive manner than he did last time around, and I don't see that Trump has done much to broaden his support base or reach out to the middle. Trump still has time to try to make that outreach, but the clock is ticking away fast. And, of course, he'd need to govern with the more moderate voters in mind too. The one area in which he's done that is abortion, breaking from the absolutist anti-abortion wing of the party, and that will benefit him in the general election. He needs to do more of that.

I don't see JD Vance at this point as one who could win a general election, and he is risking a lot being Trump's running mate. Should Trump win and his presidency be as chaotic or more than his first term, that likely won't give much of a boost to Vance beyond the MAGA diehards who would vote for anyone Trump supported anyway. After all, how Trump governed the first time around wasn't enough to get him reelected in 2020. He needs a different approach if he wants a different result.

For Vance to benefit, Trump would have govern in a more inclusive manner than he did last time around, and I don't see that Trump has done much to broaden his support base or reach out to the middle. Trump still has time to try to make that outreach, but the clock is ticking away fast. And, of course, he'd need to govern with the more moderate voters in mind too. The one area in which he's done that is abortion, breaking from the absolutist anti-abortion wing of the party, and that will benefit him in the general election. He needs to do more of that.

One thing about it is, Trump will not have American hating morons on his staff. Biden's DHS secretary is a foreign born communist Cuban, and Garland a little vindictive man still upset he isn't on the Supreme court. Biden doesn't know where he is most days, so it is his staff along with weekly meetings with the O'man that make up his week to week policy. Trump isn't any of those things which Dems make him out to be, I get he can be divisive but so much of what he says is taking out of context or not given a context to what he is referring to.

The problem with your narrative of the Trump presidency is a far cry from what his supports believe. Are you working for the Dems, or you just don't want Trump to be elected? Your narrative doesn't fit with what he did accomplish before Covid hit his term. And Trump supporters many (if not all) still think the 2020 election was rigged.

I wish you were willing to start citing specific failures of his presidency instead of just vague generalities so we could have a real debate about it. Pick an issue, the boarder wall, the economy, jobs, energy production, foreign policy, what he did for the black community and their universities, pick one or two.

JD Vance was the perfect pick for the Republican party going into the 2028 election. Trump is a man with vision for the future of the Republican party.

Last edited:
The problem with your narrative of the Trump presidency is a far cry from what his supports believe.

I don't see that as a problem. Of course Trumps most fervent supporters believe something quite different — they believe everything Trump tells them is true, everything anyone says about Trump that's negative must be a lie in an attempt to undermine Trump, and for some, they seem to believe Trump is just short of being God almighty himself. I've been a Republican since I first registered to vote at 18, so to answer your question, no I'm not working for the Democrats. Far from it. If you are one of those who can't fathom that some conservative Republicans loathe Trump, then I urge you to open your eyes a bit more. I'm far from the only Republican who thinks Trump was overall a terrible president.

There are some things for which I do give Trump credit for as being positive. But the problem was that there just wasn't enough of that. The chaotic way he ran the White House is part of the problem behind that. That doesn't make him evil, just ineffectual.

And Trump supporters many (if not all) still think the 2020 election was rigged.

At least those who are still drinking the Trump MAGA Kool-Aid do, sure. But the fact that they think it doesn't make it true.

Even while Trump was still President and had the whole Justice Department at his disposal he couldn't get a single one of his rigged election theories to get any traction. Judges consistently tossed them out has having no merit; Democractic appointed judges, Republican appointed judges, even Trump appointed judges. So I can't say that the court decisions were merely the result of political bias. Instead, Trump just didn't have the evidence. The burden of proof on the issue of fraud is on the person alleging the fraud, and Trump couldn't even get close to meeting that burden.

If the election was stolen then blame Trump for hiring some of the worst lawyers possible to make his case. Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, etc, did an absolutely terrible job. His main personal lawyer for awhile, Michael Cohen, who some refer to as Trump's "fixer", didn't do him any favors either. After watching their performances I don't think he could have found many lawyers who'd have done a worse job in representing and advising Trump than they did.

His version of the 2020 election gets undercut by his own actions after the election, like asking Georgia election officials to go out and "find" more votes for him. That's not the kind of statement I would expect from someone who truly believes in election integrity.

Given what I saw of the case he and his team made, and I did pay close attention to it, my conclusion is that he lost not because of fraud but because his presidency was far from perfect and the voters decided that his performance in the job was simply not good enough, despite some successes.

If Trump just accepted that and learned some things from it he might be a much better president a second time around. But until he acknowledges some of those mistakes and says what he'd do differently if he wins, I have no reason to believe he'd govern any better this time than last if he wins in November.

JD Vance was the perfect pick for the Republican party going into the 2028 election. Trump is a man with vision for the future of the Republican party.

I respect your opinion on that. That's the great thing about this country, we are free to disagree about politics and voice our opinions on it, a right that too many people around the world don't have. Hopefully we never lose that.

Clearly though, I don't share your opinion of the man. In my view, Trump is destroying the party, not making it better. After this election, whatever the result, Trump isn't going to be on the ballot in 2028 and the Republican party will hopefully make a course correction to a less radical agenda than MAGA.

The voters will make their views known in November. Neither candidate is, in my view, suitable for the job for the next four years. Both have shown evidence of cognitive decline and memory lapses. That's not unusual at their ages, but those are not good qualities for the leader of our country. Therefore, I think we'll be worse off electing either one.

This is one of those times I wish there was a viable third party or independent candidate for the job.

It doesn't matter who the Republican presidential nominee is in 4 years. The Dems and their media handlers will still label them racists, white supremacists, wealthy, and out to take your rights. It doesn't matter who they pick. The Dems have their beliefs and the Reps have theirs. They are not compatible nor are they sustainable within one nation. Whatever that looks like this toxic political environment will not change and can not be changed. It is a powder keg, not if but when it is ignited and when it goes boom.

It doesn't matter who the Republican presidential nominee is in 4 years. The Dems and their media handlers will still label them racists, white supremacists, wealthy, and out to take your rights. It doesn't matter who they pick. The Dems have their beliefs and the Reps have theirs. They are not compatible nor are they sustainable within one nation. Whatever that looks like this toxic political environment will not change and can not be changed. It is a powder keg, not if but when it is ignited and when it goes boom.

Sadly, but realistically, donkeys and elephants have somehow become enemies.

Both are driven by an insatiable desire for power.

Unlike their predecessors, many of whom cared more about the welfare of their country and her citizenry, than a desire for wealth, power, and fame.

As is human nature, the citizenry appear to care little about patriotism.

It was "tricky" Dickie Nixon, an elephant who killed our system of conscription. Which, subsequently assisted in the demolition of patriotism.

Today's military suffers as recruitment falters, stumbles, and fails.

In the 1968 presidential campaign, Nixon had promised to end the draft. During his time out of office, the GOP nominee had become interested in the prospect of an all-volunteer force. Nixon was influenced by Martin Anderson, an associate professor at Columbia University.

Nixon thought ending the draft could be an effective political weapon against the burgeoning anti-war movement. He believed middle-class youths would lose interest in protesting the war once it became clear that they would not have to fight, and possibly die, in Vietnam.

While there was no opposition to an all-volunteer military in the Defense Department or Congress, Nixon took no immediate action toward ending the draft in the early years of his presidency. Rather, the president named a commission headed by Thomas Gates Jr., a former secretary of defense in the Eisenhower administration, to examine the issue.

Gates initially opposed the all-volunteer army idea, but changed his mind as the 15-member panel did its work. The commission issued its report in February 1970. It found adequate military strength could be maintained without conscription.

The draft law was due to expire at the end of June 1971. But Nixon decided it needed to continue and asked Congress to approve a two-year extension. In March 1973, 1974 and 1975, the Selective Service assigned draft priority numbers for all men born in 1954, 1955 and 1956, in case the draft was extended — but it never was.

This just in, my fellow citizens.

I discovered the following information on my travels around the internet.

====================================

BREAKING NEWS: Latest Polls Show Biden Will Need Twice As Many Fake Ballots To Win Election This Year.

As former President Donald Trump continued to build a sizeable lead in a majority of swing states, the latest polls suggest President Joe Biden would need twice as many fake ballots to win the election this year.

The startling poll results presented the Biden campaign with a sobering reminder that the standard number of fake ballots used in previous election years needed to be increased significantly for him to win again in November.

"We've got to double our target number of fake votes this year," said a Biden campaign insider under the condition of anonymity. "In previous years, we could just coast by with the standard quota of shenanigans, but this year, we've got to increase our production of hijinx and substantially rais e the output."

The polls also led White House insiders to express concern that there may not even be enough dead people casting votes to overcome the deficit. President Hidin' Biden said," We desperately need the dead to rise up, vote for me, to keep me in the White House! "

"We need more dead voters," another insider said. "We've always done a good job of turning out the dead vote, but this year it will be even more crucial to get as many deceased people to the polls as possible."

Democrat ballot production centers across the country have reportedly already been notified to ramp up production to have any chance of meeting the demand in November.

BREAKING NEWS: Latest Polls Show Biden Will Need Twice As Many Fake Ballots To Win Election This Year.

I love satire. I used to write it for my college newspaper.

The draft law was due to expire at the end of June 1971. But Nixon decided it needed to continue and asked Congress to approve a two-year extension. In March 1973, 1974 and 1975, the Selective Service assigned draft priority numbers for all men born in 1954, 1955 and 1956, in case the draft was extended — but it never was.

Ending the draft was a big mistake. It would do teenagers (male and female) a lot of good to serve in the military. Learn discipline, a trade, get educational benefits.

I don't see that as a problem. Of course Trumps most fervent supporters believe something quite different — they believe everything Trump tells them is true, everything anyone says about Trump that's negative must be a lie in an attempt to undermine Trump, and for some, they seem to believe Trump is just short of being God almighty himself. I've been a Republican since I first registered to vote at 18, so to answer your question, no I'm not working for the Democrats. Far from it. If you are one of those who can't fathom that some conservative Republicans loathe Trump, then I urge you to open your eyes a bit more. I'm far from the only Republican who thinks Trump was overall a terrible president.

There are some things for which I do give Trump credit for as being positive. But the problem was that there just wasn't enough of that. The chaotic way he ran the White House is part of the problem behind that. That doesn't make him evil, just ineffectual.
You must be the only Republican person that thinks his life is better under Biden then it was under the Trump administration if you are being honest (I assume you are). Or you don't care about the cost of living, inflation, the cost of fuel, the cost of electric, the cost of natural gas, the open boarders, dropping GDP, loss of manufacturing jobs, energy independence, and the list just keeps going on. But the average American household and family sure does. Maybe you're just independently wealthy and you have money to burn. :)

Although you say, There are some things for which I do give Trump credit for as being positive , you don't list a single one and you don't say which policies you think failed or that Trump promised and did not deliver. I just find it odd that you keep posting in very generic terms since you appear to have very deep feelings about how bad Trump was.

His version of the 2020 election gets undercut by his own actions after the election, like asking Georgia election officials to go out and "find" more votes for him. That's not the kind of statement I would expect from someone who truly believes in election integrity.
Now you are using Democratic talking points. Even the Supreme Court said in their immunity opinion that there was nothing wrong with Trump asking a state official to recount the votes.

As I am sure you are aware, because of COVID19, states like Georgia changed all of their mail-in and drop-off ballads validation processes. Nothing was validated and all ballads were counted. Georgia never held the required herring to determine if the votes were valid in the time frame according to Georgia law.

Courts are reluctant to interfere with election results. The easy path is to let the election stand. And that is what happened. States have changed their laws to guarantee a more fair election.

Given what I saw of the case he and his team made, and I did pay close attention to it, my conclusion is that he lost not because of fraud but because his presidency was far from perfect and the voters decided that his performance in the job was simply not good enough, despite some successes.
Almost 4 years since the 2020 election, there have been multiple court cases in multiple state that shows there was election fraud. But we can't correct it by going back in time. This time, the RNC has assembled legal teams in all 50 states and territories to act at the first sign of fraud. We will see how it works out.

It will be a very interesting election night to say the least.

Yep, and magically kicking out RNC observers; finding boxes and boxes of ballots in order to make up the difference in a close race at 2 am wasn't suspicious at all. Fulton county like other Dem run cities is as corrupt as they come.

Back