Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks When a family "dines and dashes", who is it normal to actually arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight: the entire group knowingly left with paying?!

Everyone who participates sucks. As to who is going to be on the legal hook, this depends on who is identified.
If anyone else knew it, I did not.
Could be charged as misdemeanor fraud (13 V.S.A. §2002 2023 Vermont Statutes :: Title 13 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 47 - Frauds :: § 2002. False pretenses or tokens) and I disagree that bringing of such charges is "excessive." I also continue to take exception to your assertion that it's somehow ok to cheat a "fast food or take out" restaurant out of their money.
I never said/suggested that, none of that describes anything I had been aware of.
Has anyone paid the bill yet? If not, go to the restaurant and pay the damn bill. Tell them that there was a miscommunication among the party as to who was going to pay. Apologize and leave a big tip. Or you can do nothing and maybe be prosecuted for theft over a $200 bill. What would a smart person do? Humm, I wonder.
Going by that, accessibility if one dares when things aren't closed would be key, which is another issue.

There's nothing that hasn't been considered.
Re #4, why the question mark? Are you saying it's possible that someone (presumably not you) actually paid the check?

Re #5, I have no idea what this means. I asked, "Were all of you apprehended (either by a restaurant employee or by police)?" The expected answer might be something like, "No. None of us were apprehended," or "I wasn't apprehended, but two others were," or "I wasn't apprehended, and I'm not sure about any of the others."

Re #6, that's a lot of words simply to say, "nothing."
I'm making the most of subpar native communication skills, and when it comes to everything going on, there was a lot picked up on externally. Nobody was paying (if to call it that) anything separately, there was a seeming deliberate confusion based on who/what to rely every exchange on as to cloud the process. What you said seemed to imply something else.

I'm making the most of subpar native communication skills, and when it comes to everything going on, there was a lot picked up on externally. Nobody was paying (if to call it that) anything separately, there was a seeming deliberate confusion based on who/what to rely every exchange on as to cloud the process. What you said seemed to imply something else.

Reading over this thread it seems clear that none of the Magnificent Seven (sarcasm) have yet to be arrested.

If anyone does get arrested they should say nothing except "I want an attorney."

Since that's the only really appropriate advice you are going to get regarding the matter,

This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back